1. Our struggle is against the devil!
2. Our struggle is not against ourselves!
3. What then about our differences?
1. WE Jews and older Christians – FIRST (Eph 1:7-12)
2. YOU Gentiles and younger Christians – SECOND (Eph 1:13; 2:11-12)
3. To prove that even Jews needed to be saved!
1. Jews misunderstood!
2. WE and not you!
3. OUR way not your way!
4. Or the highway!
1. Absolutes – WE older Christians
2. Relatives – WE younger Christians
OUR STORY – (Eph 2:4-10)
1. God loves US!
2. God enlivens US!
3. God saves US!
1. Bind us with the Bible only!
2. Bind us with love only!
ABSOLUTES SUBJECT RELATIVES
Information BIBLE Application
Think EXPERIENCE Feel
Stronger AUTHORITY Weaker
I fit God CONNECTIVITY God fits me
Permanence TIME Temporary
Slow/cautious CHANGE Rapid/Ambitious
Repetitious/Obligatory WORSHIP Variety/Relational
Do/Performance ATTENDANCE Be/Pertinent